Monday, November 16, 2009

Gaming Talk: Microsoft Natal

Today I want to talk about the new project that Microsof t has been working on. The Microsoft Natal is supposedly going to be better than the Wii. It revolutionary Motion sensors are made to watch your every move and than move then character the exact same way.

It also comes with facial recognition, so you wont ever have to recover your gamertag, it will automatically sign you into that persons Xbox.

The Good
This looks to be really fun, The interactivity between family members looks promising (It's been a LONG time since me and my family ever sat down to do anything together). The graphics also look to be a step up from the Nintendo Wii's graphics (though still toned down a lot.)

The Bad
There are actually a lot of things that look bad about this thing. First, The fact that you now have a camera sitting in your living room, your bedroom, or where ever you play your games. This leaves it open for anyone to watch what you are doing. Secondly, The price of this may come out to be outrageous. Thirdly, I've been hearing rumors around that this product may not Fully work with your older 360 models. Which means you'll have to go out and pay another $299 just so you can use this product to its full potential. Plus what I said earlier about its price, what if it comes out to being $150, that plus the xbox would come out to almost $500!!! Would you spend all that just for the Natal?

Another thing that I thought I should talk about separately is the utilization of this product in the games itself. The President of Bungie stated that Halo: Reach will be using this during parts of the game. Now here's where I'm sitting, I'm sitting here reading that going "WHA--!! You mean to tell me that during any point in the game you'll have to get up really quickly from your VERY comfortable coach and do some stupid move for five seconds and than sit down. Now that's to much work for me!!" Weirdl enough I'm not fat! I'm just really lazy!! I guess it's from all those years of using a controller, that's gets me worried that I might not get into this new type of gameplay.

All-In-All
I'm sure my kids are going to love this, when I'm all old and talking about the good ol' days when we used to play with Controllers, and they'd look confused and ask me what a Controller is!

No comments: